Friday, November 16, 2012

The beginning :)

I have been working with adults and pediatrics with intellectual and developmental disabilities for the last three years and have completely fallen in love with the population! One thing that I have noticed is the lack of materials geared toward this population. My hope and goal is to create and share functional materials that will help these individuals become more independent.

I struggled and struggled trying to come up with a name for this blog. While searching the internet, I read that it should be something meaningful to me. That's when I decided to incorporate the two people who have influenced my career the most. Without my high school sign language teacher, Joni West, I would not have found my love and passion for speech and language pathology. She was also a strong role model when I needed one the most. The next most influential person in my career is my boss, Kimberly White, without her, I would not have found my passion for this population. I have always felt she was a safe place to grow and learn within my field, as well as topics in life. So that is how I came up with J:K...the perfect combination. :)

I have set up a teacherspayteachers store with my materials. Here is a link to my store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Shelley-Davis-534

 Hope you enjoy!
 -Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment